Growthpoint Properties, Acacia Buzwagi Gold Mine, Ford, Nedbank Ltd. and Sun International are amongst the winners of the first ever 2018 African Employee Engagement Awards
- The 10 winners include: Growthpoint Properties, Transnet Group Capital, Ethos Quality Management, Acacia Buzwagi Gold Mine, Kauai and Ford
- The winners were announced yesterday at the inaugural Africa Employee Engagement Conference in Johannesburg, South Africa
South Africa – June 18, 2018 – The winners of the inaugural Africa Employee Engagement Awards in association with N2Growth are announced today. Presented at the Africa Employee Engagement Conference in Johannesburg, South Africa last Friday, the Employee Engagement Awards honour companies and organisations who place their employees at the core of workplace strategy. After their ‘sold-out’ North American Conference last week in Chicago, the Awards makes clear its core aim to recognise, promote and educate employee engagement worldwide.
The EE Awards now sets its sights over to Sydney for the Austrailian and New Zealand Employee Engagement Conference and Awards. This year it will be held at The Sydney Cricket Ground on November 15, 2018. Entries are open now and will close on September 7, 2018. Entry forms are available here.
The full list of 2018 Africa winners are as follows:
Employee Engagement Company of the Year Award
- Winner – Growthpoint Properties
Employee Engagement Public Sector Company of the Year Award
- Winner – Transnet Group Capital
- Highly Commended – Eskom
Employee Engagement Consultancy of the Year Award
- Winner – Ethos Quality Management
- Highly Commended – Ruby Sky
Reward, Recognition and Wellbeing Award
- Winner – Acacia Buzwagi Gold Mine
- Highly Commended – Medshield Medical Scheme
Internal Communications/Employer Brand Award
- Winner – Kauai
- Highly Commended – Hungry Lion
Diversity & Inclusion Award
- Winner – Ford
- Highly Commended – Mercedes-Benz South Africa
Employee Engagement Non-Profit Company of the Year Award
- Winner – Kwasa College
- Highly Commended – Imbumba Foundation
Sustainable Futures Award
- Winner – Thandeka Vocational Educational Trust (TVET SA)
- Highly Commended – Nedbank Ltd., Assured Vocational Skills Institute (AVSI)
Learnerships and Skills Development Award
- Winner – Cummins South Africa
- Highly Commended – Otis South Africa, Fullimput, Robert Bosch South Africa, CBi electric: African Cables
Social Responsibility Award
- Winner – Sun International
Thuma Mina Award
- Winner – Tony Naidoo, Center of Excellence for Leather Skills SA
Thuma Mina (meaning Send Me!) is awarded to recognise outstanding work where a team or individual went beyond any formal job requirements to help achieve a common goal in a challenging situation. The Awardee, Tony Naidoo at the Centre of Excellence for Leather Skills, acheived buy-in from staff, trainees and the community, to establish a first class training programme and facility at Indaleni in rural Kwa-Zulu Natal, bringing employment opportunities particularly for youth.
Below are some of the images of the winners and highly commended from The 2018 Africa Employee Engagement Conference & Awards in association with N2Growth held at The Hyatt Regency Johannesburg in South Africa on June 14 2018.
You can view the winners of the 2018 awards here.
2019 Sponsorship in Europe, North America & Australia
Opportunities are available for companies to sponsor the 2019 Awards at Twickenham Stadium, the UK conference, and our awards and conferences in Chicago and Sydney. For more information please contact [email protected]
The Employee Engagement Awards (EE Awards) is the first and only global, Awards & Conference business dedicated to Employee Engagement. We believe in inspiring and educating people to remake the way organisations think about and engage people to achieve their Purpose.
That’s why we created, and continue to develop the Employee Engagement Awards. Our goal is to provide a platform to recognise excellence in engagement that inspires action and drives the employee experience forward.
Entering and hopefully winning, The EE Awards provides the industry acknowledgement and competitive advantage needed to attract the best talent.